Classic and creamy, this Scalloped Potatoes Recipe is a little different because it doesn’t rely on milk, cream or any canned soups. This potato recipe make the perfect addition to a holiday meal!
- 5 large potatoes (about 30 oz), peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Spray a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer the potatoes in the baking dish. You want to make sure they are all laying flat.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and saute until they are soft and translucent.
- Add in the flour and whisk to combine. Cook for a minute or two, then gradually whisk in the chicken broth, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until thick and bubbly.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes. Top with the cheese, then sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours, or until tender.
Slightly adapted from allrecipes.com
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 386 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 32 mg
Keywords: scalloped potato recipe