Hearty and filling, this Sausage and Tortellini Soup is the perfect way to warm up on cool nights.
- 1 roll (12 oz) Jones Dairy Farm sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 8 oz fresh tortellini
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- freshly grated parmesan
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat, breaking it up as it cooks until browned and cooked through. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 more minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, drained tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano and tomato sauce. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cover the pot. Cook for an additional 20 minutes. Uncover and add the tortellini and spinach. Cook for 10 minutes or until the tortellini is soft. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.