These Sausage Stuffed Peppers have mini peppers that are stuffed with cream cheese and mini smoked sausages, and then are wrapped in bacon for a bite-sized appetizer that will be a total crowd pleaser.
- 14 mini sweet peppers
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 14 miniature smoked sausages
- 7 bacon strips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cut a small slit across the top and then another slit down the side of each pepper. Open up the pepper and remove the seeds and the membranes.
- Cut the cream cheese into 14 even pieces. Stuff one piece into the inside of each pepper. Stuff a sausage inside each of the peppers after the cream cheese.
- Cut the bacon strips in half. Wrap a half a slice of bacon around each pepper. (Try to end the bacon on the underside of the pepper to keep it in place.) Place the peppers in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Place in the preheated oven and bake until the peppers are soft and the bacon is cooked, about 40 minutes. I like to turn on the broiler for the last few minutes to crisp up the bacon.
adapted from 2008 Taste of Home Annual Recipes