An easy and crowd pleasing appetizer – these Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms have fresh mushrooms that are stuffed with sausage and cream cheese.
- 16 oz sausage*
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 lbs mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned**
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium skillet, cook the sausage until it is browned and cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks. Do not drain.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, Parmesan, parsley and sage. Add the cooked sausage (including the grease) and mix until combined.
- Place the mushrooms, top side down, in a large baking dish. (You may need 2 baking dishes, depending on the size of the mushrooms.) Fill the center of each mushroom with a large scoop of the sausage mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until the mushrooms are softened and the filling is browned.
- Let the mushrooms sit in the pan for 5-10 minutes to soak up any juices before serving.
*I have always used a tube of breakfast sausage for these mushrooms. Italian sausage should work, as well, if that is what you prefer.
**I like to buy my mushrooms at Costco for these Stuffed Mushrooms because they are so big and are perfect for this appetizer.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 601 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 69 mg
Keywords: sausage stuffed mushrooms