This Crockpot White Bean Soup with Sausage is filled with vegetables, beans and smoked sausage, making an easy slow cooker soup that is so easy, filling, and comforting.
- 2 cans (16 oz each) Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package (14-16 oz) smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, broth, carrots, onion, garlic, salt, thyme, pepper and bay leaf in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cook on the low setting for 4 hours.
- Add the sausage to the slow cooker and cook an additional 2 hours, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
adapted from Southern Living 2007 Annual Recipes
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 1615 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg
Keywords: white bean soup, crockpot soup