Fan of sausage and pepper sandwiches? The popular sandwich is turned into a pizza – this Sausage and Peppers Pizza is topped with Italian sausage, peppers and onions.
1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 medium red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 small onion, sliced
1 lb pizza dough*
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded Italian Cheese Mix
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place a pizza stone in the oven (if using). Preheat the oven to 450-500ºF.
- In a medium pan, bring about 1/2 inch of water to a boil. Add the sausages and cover and cook until the sausages are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain the water and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Cook the sausages, turning, allowing the casings to crisp up. Remove the sausages from the pan and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Return to the pan and allow them to brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Add both peppers and the onion and cook until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Roll the crust out (on parchment, if using). Top with the pizza sauce. Add 3/4 of the cheese, followed by the peppers and onions. Add the sausage, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the oregano.
*If you like a thinner crust, you can use less than 1 lb of dough.
For all of my pizza dough tips and tricks, make sure to check out my pizza dough recipe.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 490 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 26 mg
Keywords: sausage pizza, peppers pizza, sausage and peppers