Change up your Thanksgiving side dish with these corn muffins full of sausage and fresh cranberries.
- 1 roll (12 oz) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 18 muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, cook the sausage until browned and cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, vegetable oil and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Add in the cooked sausage and the cranberries and stir to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake until the center springs back when lightly touched, 18-20 minutes. Serve warm.