Turn your salad into a meal with this Steak Cobb Salad. All of your favorite Cobb Salad ingredients plus steak on top to turn it into a hearty meal.
- 1 large shallot, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs good quality steak (I used NY Strips, but you can use what you like)
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 limes
- 2 romaine hearts, shredded
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut or quartered
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped or sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 2–3 green onions, sliced
To make the dressing:
- Grate the shallot and 1 clove of garlic into a bowl. Add the red wine vinegar, mustard, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, water and tomato paste; whisk to combine.
- While whisking, slowly add in the 1/2 cup of olive oil until it all comes together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until needed.
To make the steak:
- Bring the steak to room temperature, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an outdoor grill or a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Right before you are ready to cook your steak, drizzle it with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the steak on the grill (or in the skillet) and cook for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Remove the steak and let it rest.
- While the steak is resting, combine the chopped parsley, the last clove of garlic, finely chopped, and the zest of the 2 limes. Add the juice of one lime and stir to combine. Season with salt.
- After the steak has rested, slice it against the grain and then dress it with the parsley mixture.
To assemble the salad:
- Combine the romaine and the iceberg lettuce in a large salad bowl. Toss with the prepared dressing.
- Place the steak on top of the lettuce, then add the bacon, blue cheese, tomatoes, eggs, avocado and green onion.*
- Serve immediately.
*If desired, serve each topping on the side and let each person add which ingredients they would like.
Adapted from The Rachael Ray Show
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 767
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 530 mg
- Fat: 60 g
- Saturated Fat: 17 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 27 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 43 g
- Cholesterol: 239 mg
Keywords: cobb salad