A Rachael Ray recipe for chicken or turkey sliders, topped with a peanut butter satay sauce
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup apple juice, apple cider or pineapple juice
- 3 teaspoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili sauce, or 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 piece (1 1/2 inches) fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil, for coating
- 8 slider sized soft rolls
- shredded cabbage or iceberg lettuce
- sliced chile peppers, such as fresnos
- thinly sliced radishes
- mint or cilantro leaves
- Preheat an outdoor grill or a grill pan to medium-high.
- Mix the meat with the green onion, garlic and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the meat and portion into 8 patties. Coat each with a small amount of vegetable oil. Grill, turning once, until cooked through – 6 to 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the peanut butter in the microwave to soften, or in a small pot over medium heat. Stir in the juice, tamari and Asian garlic sauce or sriacha.
- When the burgers are cooked through, serve them on the buns with a generous amount of satay sauce and your desired toppings.
- Recipe adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray August 2011