Change up burger night with these Salmon Burgers with Ginger Wasabi Mayonnaise. A delicious dinner with a ton of flavor – perfect for fish lovers!
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets, pin bones and skin removed
- 1/4 finely cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced or grated, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon light oil (vegetable, canola, etc)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 hamburger buns or brioche buns
- Lettuce and sliced red onion, for topping
- Cut the salmon into cubes and place in a food processor. Process until it is coarsely ground. You want it to be the texture of ground beef – don’t take it too far.
- Transfer the salmon to a large bowl. To the bowl, add the bell pepper, garlic, 3/4 of the ginger, soy sauce, green onions, sesame oil, grill seasoning, and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Form the mixture into 4 equal sized patties that are about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. Drizzle with the oil.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes, then carefully flip and cook the second side, another 5 minutes.
- While the patties are cooking, combine the mayonnaise, wasabi paste, lime juice, and remaining ginger.
- To serve, spread the ginger-wasabi mayonnaise on the buns and top with a salmon burger, lettuce, and sliced onion.
adapted from Rachael Ray Book of 10
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 714
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1226 mg
- Fat: 42 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 22 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 50 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg
Keywords: Salmon burgers, salmon patties, salmon burgers recipe