Change up your mac and cheese with this salsa verde kick.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 pound macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- Cook pasta to al dente. Drain and reserve.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, sprinkle in flour, and whisk 1 minute. Whisk in milk and season with salt and pepper. Let thicken to coat the back of a spoon. Melt the cheeses into the sauce.
- Fold the cheese sauce into the macaroni. Add the chicken and the salsa verde and stir to combine all ingredients.
adapted from The Rachael Ray Show