These Club Burger Sliders are slider sized turkey burgers topped with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and an avocado-ranch dressing.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3–4 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup sour cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- a small handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
- a small handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- a small handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 16 slices good-quality white or whole wheat bread
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- lettuce leaves, for serving
- 2 plum or vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Place the turkey in a large bowl. Add the grated onion, hot sauce, and poultry seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 8 and form into patties, about 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook the patties on the grill pan or grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the sliders are cooking, preheat the broiler.
- Place the avocado, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, chives, dill and parsley in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Process until you have a smooth, thick sauce.
- Use a 3-inch cookie cutter to cut out rounds of bread. Discard the crusts, or save to make breadcrumbs for another use. Arrange the bread on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler until browned.
- Serve the sliders with the lettuce, tomatoes and bacon and top with the avocado-ranch sauce.
adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray June 2010
Keywords: club burger