Everyone’s favorite Girl Scout cookie in cupcake form – a yellow cupcake is filled with caramel then topped with chocolate ganache, caramel buttercream and toasted coconut.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 12/ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup prepared dulce de leche (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- leftover chocolate ganache
Make the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl or glass measuring cup, mix together the milk and vanilla.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat together the butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add half of the flour mixture and mix just until combined, then add the milk, mixing just until combined. Add the remaining flour and mix.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Fill the cupcakes:
- Cut a cone out of the center of each cupcake. Fill with a heaping teaspoon of dulce de leche then replace the top of the cupcake.
Make the ganache:
- Put the chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds, then let the mixture sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir until all of the chocolate chips have melted and a smooth sauce is formed. Spread the ganache on top of each of the cupcakes. (You will have leftover ganache – use for the chocolate drizzle on top of the cupcakes.)
Make the caramel buttercream:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and cook for a few minutes until dissolved. Stir in the cream. Remove from the heat and add in half of the powdered sugar. Beat well then add the remaining powdered sugar. Add in the vanilla and beat until the icing is smooth and shiny. Place the buttercream in a piping bag and pipe the frosting on top of the ganache.
- Dip each of the cupcakes into toasted coconut then drizzle with the remaining chocolate ganache.