Hot chocolate taken to a whole new level! This Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate combined chocolate with dulce de leche and a hint of salt to make a decadent treat that will warm you up.
- 1/2 cup canned dulce de leche
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- Whipped cream and marshmallows, optional
- Warm the dulce de leche in a pot over medium heat until it can be easily stirred.
- Whisk in the milk until smooth. Add the cocoa powder and whisk all together.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and marshmallows, if desired.
I wouldn’t suggest using regular table salt, as it may end up too salty. Or if you do, cut back on the amount. I use a coarse Kosher salt, or a sea salt should work as well.
Adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray September 2011
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline. Nutrition information does not include whipped cream, marshmallows, or any toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 422 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
Keywords: salted caramel hot chocolate, hot chocolate