Got a craving for a root beer float but need something a little slimmer? This Root Beer Float Smoothie hits the spot at just a fraction of the calories of the real deal!
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups ice
- 1 underripe frozen banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons root beer extract
- agave, to taste
- Combine the milk, ice, banana, yogurt, and both extracts in a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste, and add agave as needed.
If you like a strong root beer flavor, add more extract. But add sparingly, because it is quite strong.
By using an underripe banana, you get the creaminess but not the banana flavor. But the less ripe your banana is, the more you will need to rely on agave to sweeten the smoothie. If your banana is ripe, you may have a stronger banana flavor, but will not need to use as much agave.
I used nonfat Greek yogurt, but nonfat or full fat will both work.