A great make ahead meal, this Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Mustard Sauce can be prepped the day before, and all you have to do is roast on the day of!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (2 1/2 – 3 lbs total)
- 2 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, for finishing
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, oregano, coriander and cumin. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Rub the spice mix all over the pork and wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Place the potatoes, bacon and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large ziplock bag and toss to coat. Press out as much air as possible.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup oil, parsley, shallot, mustard, vinegar and sugar. Cover.
- Store the pork, potatoes and dressing in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook and serve, remove the dressing from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Adjust the oven rack to the upper-middle of the oven and heat the oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and with a spoon or spatula, push the potatoes to the sides of the baking sheet. Pat the pork dry and place in the center of the baking sheet. Return to the oven and roast until the pork registers 130ºF on a thermometer, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pork and the potatoes from the oven and adjust the rack 6 inches from the broiler. Switch the oven to broil and return the baking sheet. Broil the pork and potatoes until the pork is spotty brown and registers 140ºF, 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil. Let the pork sit for 10-15 minutes. Return the potatoes to the oven and continue to broil for an additional 5-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Slice the pork into 1/2-inch slices. Serve the dressing with the pork and potatoes.
slightly adapted from: The Make-Ahead Cook