An easy grilled sandwich made with deli roast beef.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup slivered red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced pickled sweet cherry peppers
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 slices white or wheat sourdough bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- Combine mayonnaise, tomatoes, garlic, horseradish, ketchup, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Toss onion, peppers, and pepper flakes together in another bowl. Drizzle with some of the pickling juice from the peppers; let salad stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread; spread mayonnaise on the other side. Sprinkle cheese on two of the slices, arrange beef on the cheese, then top with pepper salad. Place the other slices of bread on the peppers, buttered side up.
- Toast sandwiches on both sides or in a panini press.
source: Cuisine at Home Magazine