It doesn’t get much easier than this Ricotta Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce. Gnocchi is cooked and combined with a simple tomato sauce and ricotta.
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, (finely minced or grated)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- fresh parsley, (for serving)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and let it cook until it floats up to the top of the water, 3-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the tomato sauce and cook until it is warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the ricotta. Stir until combined, then stir in the gnocchi.
- Serve topped with a little bit of chopped parsley.
adapted from: The Skinny Cheese Cookbook