All the flavors of a Reuben sandwich in a hot dog! These Reuben Hot Dogs have Swiss cheese topped hot dogs, sauerkraut, and a pickle spear in a hot dog bun, then topped with an easy homemade Russian dressing.
- 1/2 lb sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 pickle spears
- Heat the sauerkraut in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- In a medium skillet, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the hot dogs and cook until heated through.
- While the hot dogs are heating, make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ketchup and smoked paprika. Set aside.
- Split the hot dogs lengthwise. On a grill or grill pan, grill the hot dogs until they are crisp. Place a piece of Swiss cheese on top of each hot dog, folding it if needed. Cover the grill to allow the cheese to melt.
- To assemble, place a hot dog in each bun. Top each with some sauerkraut and a pickle slice. Drizzle with the sauce.
Adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray June/July 2010
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 hot dog
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 1065 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg