Red velvet cake meets tres leches cake in this festive dessert.
- 1 (18.25 oz) Red Velvet Cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 (16 oz) container nondairy topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- mini chocolate chips, optional
- Prepare cake mix according to the box directions.
- In a bowl, combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and cream. While the cake is still warm, poke holes through the cake. Pour the milk mixture over the cake and allow the liquid to soak into the cake. Cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting, beat together the topping, cream cheese and powdered sugar. Spread over the top of the cooled cake. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, if desired.