A tender and moist red velvet quick bread is filled with a cream cheese filling in this Red Velvet Quick Bread with Cream Cheese Filling.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan or line with parchment paper..
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at at time, scraping down the bowl between additions. Add the vanilla and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl or measuring cup, combine the buttermilk and red food coloring.
- Beat 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, followed by half of the buttermilk mixture. Continue by adding another 1/3 of the flour, the remaining buttermilk, then the remaining flour, beating just until combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat the 4 oz cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, flour and milk until smooth.
- Pour half of the red velvet batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with the cream cheese mixture, spreading as evenly as possible. Drop the remaining red velvet batter over the top and spread as evenly as you can.
- Bake until a tester comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into slices.
I stored this bread in the refrigerator, but like the taste and texture better when it has come to room temperature.