Red velvet and marshmallows combine with popcorn to make a fun popcorn cake that everyone will love.
- 2 1/2 quarts popped popcorn (about 1/3 cup popcorn seeds)
- 1 (10 oz) bag marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup red velvet cake mix*
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Generously spray a bundt pan.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt the marshmallows and the butter together in a large bowl in the microwave or over medium heat on the stove. Stir until smooth. Stir in the dry cake mix. Immediately pour over the popcorn and stir until the popcorn has been coated with the mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Pour the popcorn into the prepared bundt pan. With buttered hands, firmly press the popcorn into an even layer. Turn out onto a serving plate or dish.
*Duncan Hines cake mix makes a more red cake than other brands that I’ve tried.