Love cheesecake but want something a little easier? This no bake cheesecake has a cookie crust and red velvet flavored cheesecake filling.
- 24 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Oreos)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool-Whip)
- Place the cookies in a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs. Combine the crumbs with the melted butter and firmly press into a 9-inch pie dish. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, but preferably an hour.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, sugar, red food coloring, cocoa powder and vanilla extract until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve topped with freshly whipped cream, if desired.
adapted from this No Bake Cheesecake recipe