Gooey Butter Cake meets cookie meets red velvet. You won’t be able to stop eating these super soft, gooey red velvet cookies!
- 8-oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the cream cheese and the butter. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla. Beat in the cake mix until completely combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar, and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Adapted from Pauladeen.com