Gooey butter cookies meet red velvet in these easy cookies made with cake mix. You won’t be able to stop eating these soft Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies!
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box (15.25 oz) red velvet cake mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and the butter together. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla. Beat in the cake mix until completely combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls. Roll in the powdered sugar, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat liner, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or just until set on the edges.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 154 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 29 mg
Keywords: gooey butter cookies