This easy cream cheese danish goes red velvet! A creamy red velvet center is surrounded by crescent dough and baked to perfection. An easy glaze finishes off this danish that is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons heavy cream
- dash of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and beat until smooth. Beat in the flour, red food coloring, cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Open the crescent rolls and lay the dough out on the baking sheet, keeping the dough in one big rectangle. Press out to a 13×9-inch rectangle. Pinch the seams together lightly. Spread the filling down the center of the dough. With a sharp knife, make slits diagonally down one side, about 3 1/2 inches long and 1 inch apart. Repeat on the other side.
- Starting at the top, pull one strip over the filling, then a strip from the opposite side. Continue to alternate strips, forming a braid across the top of the filling. Once there are only 2 strips left on each side, fold the bottom strips in, then cross the second to last strips and tuck under the braid.
- Bake the danish for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of the cream and vanilla. Add more cream, if desired, to make it a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over the top of the cooled danish.