Can’t decide between a pie or a cookie? Get the best of both worlds with this Red Velvet Cookie Pie. This is the perfect holiday pie!
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Roll the pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie dish. Flute the edges and prick the bottom and the sides of the crust with a fork. Set aside.
- In a bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add both sugars and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the food coloring and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the salt, baking soda, cocoa powder and flour. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat just until combined. Stir in both kinds of chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pie crust. Carefully spread evenly into the crust. (I used an offset spatula which worked perfectly.)
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes, then cover the exposed crust and return to the oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean, another 20-30 minutes.
- Serve the pie warm or cold, topped with ice cream, if desired.