Mini red velvet brownies are baked into cups that hold a cream cheese filling for the perfect Valentine’s Day treat.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 36 mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan (or in a microwave safe bowl), melt the butter. Transfer the melted butter to a medium bowl and add the sugar, then the vanilla, cocoa, salt, red food coloring and vinegar, stirring after each addition.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Add to the brownie mixture, then fold in the flour.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of batter into each of the muffin tins. Bake until the brownie is set, about 12 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let sit for one minute, then using the end of a wooden spoon, lightly press down the middle of the brownie, forming a cup. Allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar and beat until it all comes together. Pipe into the brownie cups.