Pumpkin, sage and nutmeg add a warm richness to this Alfredo recipe that is served over ravioli for a comforting and easy fall or winter dinner.
- 1 package (25 oz) frozen cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, chicken broth and milk.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Add in the milk mixture, Parmesan cheese, pumpkin puree, parsley, sage and nutmeg. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir the ravioli into the sauce. Serve topped with the pine nuts and walnuts.
adapted from Taste of Home Healthy Cooking