This potato chip chicken has chicken breasts that are coated in crushed potato chips and then cooked until golden brown and crunchy.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, 8-12 ounces each
- 4 cups sour cream and onion flavored potato chips, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Butterfly the chicken breasts open to make 4 thinner portions.
- Mix the potato chip crumbs with the parsley in a shallow bowl. Lightly whisk the egg in another shallow bowl, then whisk in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture, then dip into the potato chip mixture, pressing the crumbs into the chicken if needed to form a crust. Add to the hot oil and cook for 6-10 minutes, turning once, until deep golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
*Cook the chicken in batches, if needed, to not crowd the pan. Heat the oven to 250F and place a wire rack over a baking pan. Place the cooked chicken on the rack and place in the oven to keep warm while the second batch is cooking.
adapted from Betty Crocker’s Quick and Easy Cookbook