It doesn’t get much easier than this Quick and Easy Salsa! Pair it with these Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips for a healthy snack.
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Del Monte diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Del Monte stewed tomatoes
- 6–8 green onions
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed for less heat
- 1 large handful cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
Baked Tortilla Chips
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
To make the salsa:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse until you reach the desired consistency.
To make the chips
- Arrange the oven racks in the top third and bottom third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lay the tortillas out on a work surface and brush with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Stack the tortillas, then cut the whole stack into 8 wedges. Arrange on 2 baking sheets in a single layer. Place the chips in the oven and bake for 7 minutes, then rotate the trays and bake an additional 7 minutes, or until the desired doneness.* Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
*The chips can go from underdone to overdone very quickly, so keep an eye on them. Take them out of the oven when they are still a little pale, as they will continue to brown a bit as they cool.