Perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner, this classic Quiche Lorraine recipe is filled with bacon and cheese. Add a flaky pie crust and you have a family favorite.
- 1 (9-inch) crust for a single pie crust
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Place the pie crust in a pie dish and flute the edges. Line the crust with a layer of foil that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray (sprayed side down against the pastry) and place pie weights or dried beans on the foil to weigh it down. Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove the foil and weights. Return the crust to the oven for 4-5 minutes, just until the crust is set. Remove from the oven.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325ºF.
- Cut the bacon into pieces and cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel covered plate.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the skillet. Add the onion and cook until the onion is tender and translucent.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese and the flour and toss to coat.
- Add the cooked onions and bacon to the egg mixture, then fold in the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the hot pie crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the center is set and the top is lightly browned. Cover the crust edges if they start to get too brown.
- Let the quiche cool for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 514 mg
- Fat: 34 g
- Saturated Fat: 19 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 149 mg
Keywords: quiche lorraine, quiche lorraine recipe