Creamy and spicy, this Queso Blanco is the perfect dip for your next party or Mexican night. This white queso recipe is so easy, you’ll want to serve it all the time.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1–2 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 (4-oz) can diced green chiles
- 8 oz white American cheese
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mik
- 2 tablespoons juice from a jar of pickled jalapeños
- cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onions and the jalapeños and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green chiles, American cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, milk, and jalapeño juice.
- Whisk the mixture until the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and continue to whisk often until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve warm, topped with chopped cilantro.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of the recipe
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 437 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg
Keywords: queso blanco