A favorite holiday staple turned into an easy and delicious cake! This Pumpkin Pie Cake has a cake crust with a creamy pumpkin center and a crunchy topping – a favorite the whole family loves!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Reserved cake mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Reddi-wip topping
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix for the topping. Mix the remaining cake mix with the flour, melted butter and egg. Use a spatula to spread in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- In a bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, granulated sugar, milk, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the mixture over the crust.
- In another bowl, mix together the reserved cake mix, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter and cut in with a fork or with a pastry cutter. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the filling.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until the top is set and lightly browned. Let the cake cool for at least 2 hours before cutting. Serve topped with the Reddi-wip topping.
adapted from a family cookbook