The perfect pumpkin cupcakes, filled with warm fall spices and topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3–4 cups powdered sugar
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vegetable oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 prepared cups.
- Bake for 20-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
For the frosting:
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add in the powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency and sweetness. Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
This makes enough cream cheese frosting to generously frost each cupcake. If you don’t like a lot of frosting, you can easily halve the frosting recipe.
Slightly adapted from Ina Garten via House Beautiful