Bring the flavors of fall to your chili by adding in pumpkin and a hint of cinnamon and spices. Cooked in the slow cooker all day, this is the perfect dinner for a busy night!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15.25-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- few drops hot sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saute pan, brown the ground beef. Add the onions and bell pepper and cook until the onions are translucent.
- In a medium slow cooker, combine the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, pumpkin, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Add in the cooked beef and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Serve with your favorite chili toppings, such as cheese, sour cream, or tortilla strips.