Cooked in the slow cooker all day, this Pumpkin Chili recipe brings the flavors of fall to your table by adding in pumpkin and a hint of cinnamon and spices. It is the perfect dinner for a busy night!
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15.25 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (homemade or canned)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder – or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Few drops of hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saute pan, brown the ground beef. Add the onions and bell pepper and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Pour the ground beef mixture into a slow cooker. Add the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pumpkin puree, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings, such as cheese, sour cream, or tortilla strips.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline. Nutritional counts do not include any toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 667 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 35 mg
Keywords: pumpkin chili, pumpkin chili recipe, slow cooker pumpkin chili