A traditional holiday treat, this Pumpkin Roll is a spiced pumpkin cake roll filled with a sweet cream cheese filling. It’s easy to make ahead and always a hit on your holiday table!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 10×15-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer. (You can also use a hand mixer, but it’s easier with a stand mixer.).Beat the eggs until they are lemon colored, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the lemon juice and beat to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven until the cake is set, about 15 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, sprinkle powdered sugar on a tea towel.
- When the cake is baked, remove from the oven. Carefully turn the hot cake out onto the towel. Carefully remove the parchment paper. Roll the cake up tightly and let it cool completely.
- To make the filling, combine the cream cheese and the butter together until they are light and fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- When the cake is cool, carefully unroll the cake. Spread the filling evenly over the cake, then re-roll the cake.
- Wrap the cake in plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Adapted from Lion House Desserts
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of cake
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 28 g
- Sodium: 228 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 76 mg
Keywords: pumpkin roll, pumpkin roll recipe