Pulled chicken sandwiches with a Mexican and Swiss twist! These Suizas Style Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are made easy with shredded chicken, making this a 20 minute dinner recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 rotisserie-style chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded (about 4 cups of shredded chicken)
- 4 buns
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes, then stir in the garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the lime juice, honey, and salsa; stir and heat through. Stir in the sour cream.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- Place the bun bottoms on a baking sheet and top each with an equal amount of the chicken mixture. Top with the cheese. Place the bun tops on the baking sheet, cut side up.
- Broil just until the cheese melts and the bun is toasted, a minute or two.
- Set the roll tops on the sandwiches to serve.
Adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray September 2009
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 611
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 614 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 54 g
- Cholesterol: 162 mg
Keywords: pulled chicken, suizas