Fast, flavorful and perfect for a weeknight – this Instant Pot Cashew Chicken is the easiest way to skip the take out and make it yourself at home!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew halves
- 6 cups prepared rice, for serving
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, sliced (for serving)
- Lightly season the chicken with pepper. Select browning/saute to preheat the pressure cooking pot. When it’s hot, add the vegetable oil and the chicken*. Saute for about 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and chili-garlic sauce. Lock the lid in place. Select high pressure for 3 minutes cook time.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Use a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually add the slurry to the pot. Select simmer/saute and simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Stir in the cashews and simmer for 2 minutes more.
- Serve over rice, if desired, and garnish with the green onions.
*for more color on the chicken, cook it in batches so that the chicken will brown better.
recipe source: The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide. Nutrition information does not include toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 442
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 766 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
Keywords: cashew chicken, instant pot recipe, pressure cooker, make your own take out