This creamy Poppy Seed Chicken casserole is a classic made up of pieces of chicken combined with a creamy sour cream mixture and topped with a crunchy cracker and poppy seed topping. This is pure comfort food!
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3–4 breasts)
- 1 (12 oz) container sour cream
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and once hot, add the chicken. Cook until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the sour cream and the cream of chicken soup in a bowl. When the chicken is cooked through, stir the chicken into the mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the crushed Ritz crackers and the poppy seeds. Stir in the melted butter.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the cracker mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until it is heated through and bubbling around the edges, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 555
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 528 mg
- Fat: 37 g
- Saturated Fat: 20 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 174 mg
Keywords: poppy seed chicken, poppy seed chicken casserole