Perfect for breakfast or dinner, this Breakfast Pizza is topped with sausage, bacon, eggs, and an easy cheese sauce. This is a great way to do something different for pizza night!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz bulk breakfast sausage
- 8 oz bacon, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 (1-lb) ball pizza dough
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF for at least 30 minutes. (If using a pizza stone, make sure to place it in the oven before heating up the oven.)
- Make the cheese sauce: in a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Slowly add 1 cup of the milk, whisking the whole time to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil, whisking the whole time, then reduce the heat slightly and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add the cheddar cheese and whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then reduce the heat to low and keep warm while you prepare the other toppings.
- In a skillet, cook the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks. Transfer the sausage with a slotted spoon to a bowl and discard any grease.
- Add the bacon to the same skillet and cook until crisp. Transfer with a slotted spoon to the same bowl with the sausage. Discard all but about 1 tablespoon of the grease.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs gently with the remaining 3 tablespoons of milk and salt and pepper to taste. Add the eggs to the skillet with the bacon grease and scramble until they are almost cooked through, but still moist. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Roll or stretch the pizza dough on a pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal or on parchment paper. (See my Homemade Pizza Dough post for all my tips and tricks.)
- Transfer the pizza dough to the hot oven and cook for 4 minutes. (Poke holes in any parts that bubble up, as needed.) Remove from the oven.
- Spread the cheese sauce over the partially cooked crust. Top with the sausage and bacon mixture, then the scrambled eggs. Top it all off with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Return the pizza to the oven and cook for an additional 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
I like a thinner pizza, so I don’t usually use a whole pound of dough for one pizza. I use about 3/4 of a pound.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 656 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 183 mg
Keywords: breakfast pizza, pizza recipe, sausage, eggs