This pound cake is lemon scented and full of chopped pistachios.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup Diamond pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, then line with parchment paper. Spray the paper lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating for a full minute between additions. Beat in the vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. The mixture may appear curdled, but it will come together.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add in 1/3 of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Mix just until combined. Add half the sour cream and mix just until combined. Add another 1/3 of the flour, then the remaining sour cream, mixing lightly between additions. Fold in the remaining flour by hand. Fold 1 cup of the pistachios into the batter, then pour into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of pistachios on top of the loaf.
- Bake until a tester inserted comes out clean, 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. Check the loaf after about 45 minutes and cover with foil if the top is getting too brown.
- Let the loaf cool for 15 minutes, then carefully pull the cake out of the loaf pan. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- This cake is good the first day, but is even better the second day after being stored in an airtight container.