These mini cookies are festive and perfect for the holiday season.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 10 drops green food coloring
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide the dough in half. Add the melted chocolate to one half. Add the pistachios and food coloring to the other half. Divide each dough into 4 portions.
- Roll out one portion of the chocolate dough into an 8×4-inch rectangle. Roll one portion of the green dough into an 8-inch log. Place the green dough along the edge of the chocolate dough. Roll the dough around filling and pinch the edges to seal. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with the remaining 3 portions. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Unwrap the dough and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set. Cool on wire racks.
- from Taste of Home