The ultimate grilled cheese – ooey, gooey, and full of cheesy goodness.
- 1/2 lb. Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 8 slices French or Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise and roasted red peppers.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Lay one slice of bread butter side down. Top with ¼ of the cheese mixture. Top with remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Grill until golden brown on each side, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving.