It doesn’t get easier than these Pepperoni Pinwheels – only 30 minutes and a few ingredients go into this easy, tasty appetizer recipe.
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tube (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Marinara sauce or pizza sauce, for dipping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine the pepperoni, cheese, and oregano. Add the egg yolk and stir until combined.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into 4 rectangles. Pinch to seal the perforations, and slightly flatten out.
- Add 1/4 of the pepperoni mixture to each rectangle. Roll the dough up, starting on the short side. Cut each roll into 6 pieces.
- Place the rolls cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stir the egg white with a fork until it is slightly frothy. Brush some of the egg over the tops of the rolls.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with marinara or pizza sauce, if desired.
source: Taste of Home
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide. Nutrition information does not include the pizza sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 pinwheels
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 275 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
Keywords: pepperoni pinwheels