Quick and easy snickerdoodles get a holiday makeover!
- 3 candy canes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place the candy canes in a heavy-duty zip top bag. Using a hammer or something heavy, hit the candy canes to break until they are fine crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed candy canes with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the cookie dough in a medium bowl and break into chunks. Add in the flour and mix until combined. Reshape the dough back into a log and cut into 32 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and then roll in the candy cane/sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place on a baking sheet, placing 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown. Remove from oven and cool for 1 minute on baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.