A boxed brownie mix is given a holiday makeover. Peppermint brownies are topped with peppermint marshmallows and more chocolate and nuts for a delicious treat.
- 1 brownie mix (13x9 family size) plus ingredients to make brownies
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 25 jumbo peppermint marshmallows, cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Mix the brownie mix according to the box directions, adding in the 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract. Grease an 8×8 or 9×9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour the prepared mix into the pan and bake according to the box directions.
- When the brownies are done, remove from the oven. Place the marshmallows on top, then sprinkle on the chocolate chips and pecans. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the marshmallows have started to melt and puff.
- Let cool before serving.