Everyone will love these bars that taste similar to PayDay candy bars.
Super easy and full of peanut flavor!
- 1 package (18-1/4 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 10 oz. peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat together the cake mix, water, butter and egg until blended. (Batter will be thick.) Spread into a greased 13×9-inch baking pan, using your hands if needed to even out.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 -25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle the marshmallows on top and return to the oven. Bake an additional 2 minutes, or until the marshmallows are melting. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and butter. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the heat and add in the cereal, peanuts and vanilla. Carefully spread over the marshmallows.
- Cool completely, then cut into bars.
- From Taste of Home: Church Supper Desserts