This pie is over the top delicious! A fudge layer is topped with a peanut butter crumble, then the whole thing is served with a delicious salted peanut butter caramel.
- 1 Pie Crust
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts*
- 3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 oz) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Roll out the pie crust and fit it in an 9-inch pie plate. Flute the edges as desired, then place the pan in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to fill.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the softened butter, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Cut together until combined, then stir in the peanuts. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a double boiler, combine the chocolate and the remaining 3/4 cup butter. Heat until melted and combined. Alternately, place in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until they are melted and combined. Whisk in the granulated sugar, cocoa, and 1 cup of remaining brown sugar. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Add in the vanilla, salt and remaining 3/4 cup of flour. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Take the peanut butter topping from the freezer and crumble over the top of the chocolate later.
- Bake the pie for 50-55 minutes, or until the center of the pie puffs and sets. Remove from the oven and cool for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the caramel sauce, the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter and the salt. Drizzle 4 tablespoons of the caramel over the pie, then allow the pie to cool completely. Serve with the remaining caramel sauce for drizzling over each slice.
*I love salt, so I used salted peanuts. If you are more sensitive to salt, use unsalted peanuts.
source: Country Living November 2014
Keywords: peanut butter fudge pie