Perfect as an after workout snack or when your sweet tooth is calling, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls are filled with good for you ingredients and are the perfect sweet bite.
- 1 cup (packed) pitted Medjool dates
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, lightly toasted
- 2 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain the dates, reserving 1/2 cup of the soaking liquid. Transfer the dates to a food processor and process until coarsely chopped an the mixture just stars to form a ball. Add a little of the reserved liquid if needed.
- Add the oats, chocolate, flaxseeds, nut butter, and a few tablespoons of the soaking water to the dates and pulse or mix until combined. You want a mixture with small pieces, not something that is completely smooth.
- Carefully roll the mixture into 1-inch balls using the warmth of your hands to mold them together.
- Put on the baking sheet and let set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes.
- Keep in a zip-top plastic bag for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Reprinted from Bobby Flay Fit © 2017 by Bobby Flay (Clarkson Potter/Publishers, Penguin Random House).
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: energy balls