Creamy and rich, this Peanut Butter Trifle is filled with brownies, pudding, and lots of peanut butter cups.
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (13×9-inch pan size), plus the ingredients required on the box
- 1 package (10 oz) peanut butter chips
- 26 oz miniature peanut butter cups
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (5.1 oz each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare the brownie mix according to the package. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Pour into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely, then cut into 3/4 inch squares.
- Cut the peanut butter cups in half. Reserve 1/3 to 1/2 cup for garnish.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk and the pudding mix. Beat for 2 minutes – it should be thick. Add in the peanut butter and vanilla and mix to combine. Fold in 3/4 of the whipped topping.
- Put 1/3 of the brownie pieces in the bottom of a 4 to 5 quart bowl. Top with 1/3 of the peanut butter cups, then 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Cover the top with the remaining whipped topping, then garnish with the reserved peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Chocolate and peanut butter lovers will go crazy for this creamy, rich trifle that is perfect for a crowd.
slightly adapted from Taste of Home Most Requested Recipes 2014